Put on your apron and get creative in the kitchen with your kids who will go bananas over this recipe! This easy and delicious banana bread recipe is perfect for kids to develop their cooking skills and doubles as the perfect treat with healthy ingredients.
Tip: You can also bake these as little muffins to easily potion them for cooks. Just cook for 15-20mins until golden brown.
Easy to make Banana Bread
Banana Bread Ingredients:
250 g self-raising flour , plus extra for dusting
3 super-ripe bananas
2 tablespoons fresh apple juice
125 g unsalted butter , (at room temperature)
2 large free-range eggs
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons runny honey
50 g pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 1-litre loaf tin with olive oil.
- Dust the sides of the tin lightly with flour, then tap to get rid of any excess.
- Peel and add the bananas to a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas so you’ve got a mixture of smooth and chunky, then put aside.
- Add the apple juice and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Crack in the eggs one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next. It might look a little lumpy at this stage, but it will come back together.
- Fold in the flour, cinnamon, honey and banana mixture, taking care not to over mix.
- Roughly chop the pecans on a chopping board, if using, then fold through the mixture.
- Spoon into the loaf tin, then bake in the hot oven for around 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- To check if it’s done, stick a cocktail stick or skewer into the middle of the loaf, remove it after 5 seconds and if it comes out clean the loaf’s cooked; if it’s slightly sticky it needs a bit longer.
- Allow the loaf to cool slightly, then carefully turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to a nice plate, cut into slices, then serve.
Recipe credit: Jamie Oliver.