Pasta is a pantry staple in many Australian households and is so versatile when it comes to creating delicious meals and sides. From pasta salad, pasta dishes and pasta bake, we’ve rounded up some of our go-to easy to make pasta recipes for you to enjoy with your family.
These recipes make great meals or accompaniments to family dinners both in the home or out on the road so make sure you bookmark this article for your next family road trip.
Pasta salad is the perfect addition to your Easter table or a go to side for a future camping trip. It is easy to make in bulk and keeps in the fridge. Some of our favourite pasta salads are:
• The BLAT Loaded Pasta Salad via taste.com.au. Chock full of all the good things in a BLAT, this salad is great served as a side or as a main meal.
• The Ultimate Creamy Pasta Salad via One Pot Chef. This super easy and fast pasta salad contains shell pasta, bacon, spring onion, carrots, corn kernels, garlic aioli and sour cream
• One Pot Summer Risoni via Delicious. This recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare and cook and is a perfect side for your next family dinner. With just risoni, asparagus, snap peas, feta and salmon this is a really simple yet delicious recipe.
Pasta bake is a go-to meal for many Aussie families that can be made in bulk and frozen for later. Our never fail recipes include:
• Cheese scraps pasta bake via Delicious. This pasta bake takes all the delicious cheese scraps from the back of your fridge and puts them into a decadent yet easy pasta bake for the whole family.
• Basic mac and cheese via taste.com.au. This is one of the creamiest, gooiest mac and cheese recipes that the whole family will love (especially the big kids). If you want to add some veggies, we find that broccoli makes a great addition.
• Pasta bake with spinach, ricotta and tomato sauce via ABC Life. This pasta bake is an incredibly comforting dish that is perfect for a midweek dinner.
Pasta is a great midweek meal for when your lacking time. It can be made in advance and reheated when needed. Our essential pasta dishes are:
• Spaghetti bolognese – we’re not going to link to a recipe here, because we know everyone has their own take on this family favourite! We love making this with hidden veggies, homemade passata and fresh basil. For a vegetarian spin, cook with lentils instead of mince.
• Spring carbonara via taste.com.au. This recipe is a modern spin on a traditional carbonara. Full of fresh spring veggies, crispy prosciutto and a creamy base, this recipe will be a new family favourite.
• Roasted ratatouille pasta via Cookie and Kate. Incorporating a meat free meal into your weekly meal plan is a little easier with this delicious roasted veggie pasta recipe. Filled with roast tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onion and capsicum this recipe is perfect to feed the whole family or as a side.