Jayco E-NewsletterSign up
Easter may have looked different for many of us this year, but it doesn’t mean we should miss out on the delicious treats that come with celebrating this holiday event. But given the abundance of chocolate and hot cross buns, it can be easy to crave an alternative.
New Zealand kitchenware brand, ClickClack, has created a beautiful, creamy carrot cake recipe, perfect for Easter time. This super easy and incredibly delicious cake is a surefire way to impress your family and the people in your household during isolation. And once this is all over, it is the perfect dish to whip up when gathering with friends over a cup of tea.
Creamy Carrot Cake with Almonds & Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
375g carrots, grated
2 teaspoons baking powder
250g caster sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to your taste)
250ml oil 4 eggs 200g almond meal
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
300g cream cheese
100g power sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2) Grease cake tin. We used a 25cm / 10-inch round cake tin
3) Combine eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon – in this order – until well combined. Add the carrots and almond meal.
4) Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl then add to the other ingredients.
5) Place the batter into a greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
6) While the cake is cooking, combine the cream cheese with the lemon juice and vanilla essence. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Slowly, add in sugar and mix to combine.
After baking, cool the cake and apply frosting. Garnish with crushed almonds.
Recipe credit: ClickClack.