Easter is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with some fun and festive camping food ideas. Our Vanbassadors, The Blonde Nomads, share some of their favourite ideas below. We know you’ll love them too, so ‘hop’ to it and get reading…
1. Easter Egg s’mores – This is a fun and festive twist on the classic campfire treat. Simply grab some chocolate Wheaten’s/plain biscuits, chocolate easter eggs and marshmallows. Roast your marshmallows over the campfire until they’re golden brown and gooey. Place the marshmallows on top of/or inside the chocolate Easter egg and sandwich it together between your biscuits. Gently press down on the top of the s’more to let the melted chocolate and marshmallows ooze out.
You could also get creative – add in some extra toppings to your Easter s’mores, like shredded coconut, cut up lollies, or even peanut butter – yum!
2. Hot Cross Bun French Toast – Turn your leftover Hot Cross Buns into a delicious breakfast treat by making them into French toast. Simply slice in half and dip them into a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Then fry them up in a pan until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, and fresh berries for an egg-cellent breakfast. You could even melt in a few chocolate eggs too!
If you want to keep it simple and skip the French toast, how about just making a marshmallow and Easter egg toastie over the fire!! Super yum and super easy!
3. Easter Egg Shooters – Grab your hollow easter eggs and do your best to keep them cool. Using caution, run a very sharp knife under hot water until the metal is hot. Carefully cut off the tops of your eggs (about 1/4 of the egg). Stand them up in an egg carton or egg cups. Then, for the kids – fill them up with chocolate milk or custard. Or for the adults how about adding in some cheeky liqueur like Baileys or Kahlua! Enjoy – and always consume responsibly.
4. Bunny pancakes – Start the day off with some bunny-shaped pancakes. Simply pour out your batter or use a knife to shape your pancakes into bunny ears and a face. Add some whipped cream, berries, chocolate chips or even easter eggs for the eyes and nose. It’s a delicious and festive breakfast everyone will love.
5. Easter trail mix – Mix up some Easter-themed trail mix for a fun and easy snack. Combine some pretzels, popcorn, chocolate eggs, tiny teddies, mini marshmallows, and anything else you can find. Let the kids mix it up and enjoy as a fun and slightly naughty snack throughout the day.
6. Bunny Face Platter – This is a fun one and always a crowd pleaser. Grab a long serving tray or even the lid of your esky. Add your chips, dips and cheeses to display them in a fun bunny face or easter egg pattern on the platter. The trick here is to use lots of different colours and shapes consistently for a simple but effective design.
Well, there you have it guys, these food ideas are sure to add some fun and festive flair to your Easter getaway. We’d love to see your creations, so don’t forget to tag us on your stories @jaycoaustralia! Happy Easter and happy camping legends!