Jayco takes your privacy seriously
Jayco Corporation PTY LTD is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
Jayco Corporation PTY LTD and its related entities (referred to in this policy as we, us, our) are very conscious of the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information we collect about you.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Your Personal Information
We consider personal Information as any information or opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable, and whether the information or opinion is stored in a material form or electronic form. We only collect personal information that is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for the purposes of the operations of our business. The types of personal information we usually collect include your name, address, phone number, email address and certain internet-related details (see below) and other information relevant to providing you with the information or services you are seeking from us. Wherever practicable, we will enable you to deal with us as anonymously or pseudonymously as you choose, however, in some cases it is not practicable to interact this way. If you choose not to provide some of your personal details, this may prevent us from providing our services to you or limit our ability to provide the level of service you would normally expect from us.
How we collect Personal Information
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you when you inquire, sign up to our newsletter, enter a competition, visit a dealership, book a viewing, purchase a product, get a quote or book in an activity through our customer care centres such as servicing and warranty - with us and through the use of any of our standard forms, our dealings with you over the internet, via email, by post or through a telephone conversation. The service that you use will determine exactly what information we collect. The information may include your:
• contact telephone number(s);
• contact mobile number(s);
• date of birth;
• country of residence;
• driver's licence number and state/country of origin;
• vehicle preference;
• chassis number;
• credit card number(s) and expiry date(s);
• email address;
• company name and employee number;
• the contact details of the other people travelling with you;
• Your RV details
There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information directly from you. For example we may collect personal information through our dealerships, third-party partners, a corporate program or through one of our partner programs (For example the Jayco Herald Sun Tour). We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
If the personal information you provide us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services or information you or they are seeking.
Purpose of collection
The purposes for which we collect your personal information depend on your interaction with us. But generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
• researching, developing, managing, protecting and improving our services
• conducting customer satisfaction surveys and informing you of any improvements we have made to our services;
• maintaining and developing our software and other business systems. We may disclose your anonymous information to other related and non-related organisations including:
• sister companies that form part of our Group as well as franchisees, licensees or agents of Jayco Corporation Pty Ltd under the same ownership;
• your company or organisation if you use our services under a corporate account;
• our contracted service providers;
• credit card providers;
• credit reporting and fraud checking agencies where necessary to register a default;
• debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us;
• city councils and government or private organisations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements;
• driver licensing authorities;
• government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law,
• dealing with complaints or enquiries; and
• providing you with information about other services we provide, or services that our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of direct marketing communications at any time in your dealings with us. Except as set out above, we will not sell or otherwise transfer your contact details to other parties for direct marketing purposes.
How we use the information we collect
The personal information use collect as outlined above is used for our own marketing. We also use our customer insights to improve our business and the product and experiences we offer to other people just like you. We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reasons for collection set out above. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
• where you have consented;
• where the secondary purpose is directly related to our primary purpose for collecting it in the first place, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way;
• where we are permitted or required by law; or
• it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures. We use industry standard safeguards to ensure the security of personal information through physical, electronic and managerial procedures. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
While we strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and we take no responsibility for the security of data transmissions to and from our website or other IT systems.
Seeking access to, and correcting, information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, by making a written or emailed request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Australian Privacy Act, and if we do, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that set out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Disclosing personal information overseas
We store your personal information only in Australia.
How to contact us - complaints and feedback
Jayco Corporation Pty LTD
1 Jayco Drive, Dandenong South, VIC 3175
Australia: (02) 9792 2000
New Zealand: 0800 252926
Links to other sites
We provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that websites and its privacy statement.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy at any time. Any updated version of this policy will appear on this website.
Further privacy information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the website of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Last updated: February, 2019.